Job Title: Director of Family Ministry
Location: Living Stones Church 718 E. Donmoyer
South Bend, IN 46614
Job Type: Full-Time
About Us: Living Stones Church is a warm and welcoming neighborhood church located in the heart of South Bend’s south side. The vision of Living Stones Church is to impact the South Side, forming intentional relationships, pursuing spiritual transformations, expanding God’s kingdom, and empowering the next generation.
We are seeking a relatable and energetic Director of Family Ministry to join our team and lead our efforts in nurturing the spiritual development of our youth and families within our congregation and our neighborhood. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a passion for God that is demonstrated by pursuing, modeling and teaching through an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
Family ministry at Living Stones Church consists of: Children’s Ministry (LSCKids!)
Middle School (Element)
High School (Seismic)
Summary of Job Description:
As the Director of Family Ministry, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing programs
and initiatives that cater to youth of all ages and backgrounds. Your leadership will help empower the next generation, foster meaningful relationships, and help navigate current challenges youth face.
This is a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list. This position may be asked to do other job-related functions that are not listed below.
- Responsible for weekly Sunday and Wednesday night curriculum and activities.
- Central in developing plans for special events and retreats throughout the year.
- Work with teams of adults to develop and disciple children and youth towards a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Provide spiritual guidance to a team of volunteers that will have a direct influence on students and families.
- Manage and oversee the teams of all family ministries to make sure programs are being carried out according to plans and goals put in place.
- Recruit, train, and schedule a team of volunteers to assist in family ministry initiatives which includes Sunday morning LSCKids, Kickstart, and Wednesday night Element.
- Provides necessary resources and support to group leaders and volunteers of group ministries
- Build relationships with other community organizations, schools, and churches to develop plans that further our ability to offer resources as a unified approach to community ministry.
- Identify and coordinate service opportunities for Kickstart, Element, and Seismic.
- Prepares annual budgets for children and youth ministry which includes planning and fundraising for middle and high school retreats.
- Provide support and resources to families and students dealing with complex issues youth are currently facing.
- Research, coordinate and plan for middle and high school retreats during the summer.
- Attend and supervise Superstart or any similar pre-teen activity for Kickstart.
- Other duties assigned by Lead Pastor
- A person who is authentic, patient, and approachable with both youth and adults
- A person who is a demonstrated leader of leaders
- A person that has excellent skills in communication, highly organized and self-motivated
- Has ability to use technology in order engage youth and children
- Has a clear sense of calling from God to serve in pastoral ministry
- Adheres to the mission, vision and values of Living Stones Church
- Takes initiative and be able to both lead and follow as needed
- Able to understand and utilize strong and healthy boundaries with families and students
- Committed to inclusivity and diversity within the church community
- Team Player
- Working knowledge of church leadership and structure and flexibility to serve as needed
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug test
A college degree and experience working with youth/children ministries is preferred
$34,000 to $38,000 based on experience and education
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Living Stones Church 718 E. Donmoyer South Bend, IN 46614