In response to the St. Joseph County Health Department’s statement to faith leaders in our county, we wanted to share a few thoughts with you. Living Stones plans to continue our in-person worship gatherings as we have done since mid-June. As a church, we have complied with, and at times exceeded, the Health Department’s recommendations as it relates to large gatherings.
- We will continue requiring masks to be worn properly when inside our building and for the entirety of the service.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place prior to each service including spraying chairs, wiping down high-contact surfaces, children’s classrooms, bathrooms, etc.
- Communion will continue to be administered with the prepackaged elements.
- Chairs in our Worship Center are spaced out as much as possible with reduced seating capacity. We encourage families to sit in the outer sections and individuals/couples to sit in the center sections.
- Offering buckets will not be passed. Individuals may continue to give online, through our LSC app, mailing a check or placing their offering in boxes at the back of the Worship Center.
- Our procedures for our children’s area are designed to ensure social distancing, cleanliness and safety for our children and volunteers. Children do not share supplies while they are in our classrooms. Drop-off and pick-up procedures minimize contact between families.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building and we encourage everyone to wash their hands and sanitize often.
- Our coffee station remains closed at this time and everyone is encouraged to bring their own coffee and water.
- We continue to ask anyone who has been sick or has any symptoms to remain at home and worship with us online.
The health and safety of you, your family and our community are our utmost concern. We will continue to take measures that allows us to safely worship together and we appreciate your compliance with these measures.
We could not be prouder of our Living Stones Church family. Your love and care for each other and for our community is undeniable. Thank you for the grace and understanding as we have had to make difficult decisions during these challenging times.
Pastor Pat and Your LSC Leadership Team
Our property and buildings are in need of some TLC before the winter weather heads our way. On Saturday, October 24th, from 10 am-noon, we’re asking our LSC family to come help us with a long list of tasks for our Fall Work Day. This is a great time for your family to serve together and also get to know other LSC families. We’ll tackle a list that will include: raking leaves, cleaning gutters, cleaning windows, pulling weeds, organizing the garage, staining and painting, trimming and cleaning up landscaping and more. Click here or use the LSC App to sign up and let us know you’ll be here. Coffee, hot chocolate and donuts will be ready for you when you arrive.
No Trunks, Just Treats
Due to COVID-19 LSC has chosen to not host our annual Trunk-or-Treat event. However, we have a couple other ways we’ll connect with our neighbors on Halloween this year …
*Halloween in the Hills - we’re hosting a Halloween party for families living in Miami Hills
on 10/31, 1-2:30pmin the Miami Hills neighborhood. We’re bringing treats, games and crafts to spend time with and get to know our neighbors! We’re looking for 10-12 adult volunteers who would like to join us to hang-out, have fun and get to know our neighbors at the party! We’re limiting the number of volunteers so please sign-up and let us know you are committed to joining us on the 31st. Sign up here.
10/31, 4-6pm(no official word from South Bend yet, but we’re assuming many families will be out trick-or-treating as normal). We are encouraging all LSC families to be part of your neighborhood, turn on your light and safely pass out treats! Let’s remember that loving your neighbor can be as simple as handing out a treat and greeting the families in your neighborhood. LSC will have several of us on our front yard passing out candy to our neighbors as well!
*Donate candy - since we still have many ways for us to love our neighbors during this fun time of year, you can donate pre-wrapped candy that we can use to distribute
Any questions, contact email@example.com
Hey Parents of kids birth-3rd graders ... LSC Kids! reopened last Sunday with a hybrid approach and we believe it was a great return for our children's ministry. Our hybrid approach will continue through October where kids will start in the worship center and then be dismissed for class time the last 30 minutes of service. Check out our safety procedures by clicking on the link below.
Everything in our daily lives seems different in some way right now. Many things have to be adjusted, at least temporarily, until we return to our normal daily lives. For many of you, this means you were unable to give "during church" this week because we didn't meet. Now might be an opportunity to give electronic giving a try ... using our app or website, perhaps even automate your recurring giving. If electronic giving isn't for you, you can always mail in your offering until we return to normal Sunday services - 718 Donmoyer Ave, South Bend, IN 46614. We are so grateful to each of you faithfully giving to the vision and mission of Living Stones Church.